Remote meter reading gives a fast and wide overview of operations and consumption.
At each reading, the water meter transmits a package of information on:
- Current meter count
- Meter count on the first of the current month - alternatively max flow of the most recently completed month
- Active info codes - e.g. leakage
- Info codes that have been active in the last 30 days
The built-in calendar of the water meter ensures that information is available from a given date, regardless of when the reading is carried out. By using the same target date for all water meters, the water utility company can gain an overall overview of the supply area as a whole.
Improved customer service.
Remote reading provides the possibilities of
- Instant readings in cases of matter of dispute
- Reading consumption for a given point of time 460 days back in time
- Storing the monthly consumption 36 months back in time
- Storing up to 50 events, e.g. leakage, with date
- Visualising the consumption at the consumer's place who can follow the consumption on the easy readable meter display
How remote meter reading works.
The water meter MULTICAL 21 sends data to a reception unit (concentrator) via a built-in radio transmitter. The water meter transmits every 16 seconds.
The reception unit can be a USB key or a hand-held terminal, and the reading can take place from a passing car.
MULTICAL 21 can also be read via the automatic reading system Radio Link by which data are transmitted to a fixed concentrator and further to the utility via the mobile network.
Finally, MULTICAL 21 can be integrated in an existing radio network and be read via an electricity meter.
The built-in radio transmitter is default in all MULTICAL 21 meters.
The program for remote reading of MULTICAL 21 via USB key is free of charge and can be downloaded directly from Kamstrup's homepage www.kamstrup.com. The program is user-friendly and requires no instruction.